28.1.12

Scholes: I missed playing for United











 

The midfielder has made three appearances since returning from retirement this month, and claims Sir Alex Ferguson was positive over his decision

Paul Scholes has admitted he missed playing for Manchester United 'more than he thought' following his retirement U-turn earlier this month.

The 37-year-old has signed a deal that runs until the end of the season and has made three  appearances for United since going back on his decision to quit football last summer.

Scholes conceded his day-to-day involvement at United, which included training with the reserve side, fuelled his desire to return to playing.

"I missed it more than I thought. At the end of last season, I thought it was the right time to finish," Scholes told MUTV.

"Ask any player who has finished, they will all miss it for a period of time. I missed it and decided to give it another go."

"After coming in to Carrington for the last three or four months and still seeing people and still doing a bit of training with the reserves, I was missing it more than I thought I would."

Scholes also felt his decision to return hinged on the thoughts of manager Sir Alex Ferguson, but the midfielder was buoyed by the United boss' response when he revealed his intentions.

"I went to see the manager and said that I wanted to come back playing. I didn't know what he would say. I didn't know what his reaction would be. Thankfully, it was a positive one," he said.

"It's nice to be back. The first two or three days took a bit of getting used to but I'm back into it now and enjoying every day."
 





0 comment:

innerfootballers.com. Powered by Blogger.