8.2.12

Mali's Keita: Pressure is on Cote d'Ivoire













Mali's Seydou Keita: The pressure is on Cote d'Ivoire

The Barcelona player is awaiting his national team's match against the Elephants with excitement, and says he feels like a kid when playing for the Eagles

Mali veteran Seydou Keita says that he is looking forward to their next match against Cote d'Ivoire after beating Gabon in the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations quarter-final on Sunday.

Mali defeated the co-hosts in a penalty shootout following a 1-1 draw in normal time, with the Barcelona midfielder scoring the winning spot kick to send the Eagles through to the semi-finals where they will face the Elephants.

The experienced Malian spoke at a press conference concerning their upcoming last four encounter.

"We are not Barcelona or Brazil, we have our qualities and our faults, it's not going to be easy against Cote d'Ivoire.

"But [against Gabon] you saw again that even when the going gets tough we can do what other teams can't. Cote d'Ivoire are favourites, they know the pressure is on them.

"In contrast, we have nothing to lose, we'll do our maximum to go even further in this competition."

Keita added that he was pleased to have returned to national team after originally retiring from international matches in 2010.

"I'm very proud to wear this shirt," said the 32-year-old. "When I scored the penalty it was like a dream. I've won a lot with Barcelona but this is like winning a cup.

"I've always loved my country, and I was urged to come back by the president and even my mother did her maximum to persuade me to return. When Mali win it's a completely different feeling, I feel like a 'gamin' (kid)."
 






0 comment:

innerfootballers.com. Powered by Blogger.